Thursday, March 5, 2015

GET THE LOOK . ZENDA¥A GRAMM¥ AWARDS LIP

Each and every year I highly anticipate the arrival of award season – although, my excitement has little to do with the award shows themselves and more to do with the televised red carpet events. I merely want to see the stars flaunt their perfectly done hair and makeup, model a custom gown, and fingers crossed, drunkenly tell Ryan Seacrest how much the jewels their adorned in cost. 

But my favourite red carpet event of all: the Grammy Awards – the reason being the stars are able to take more fashion and beauty risks given that this is a celebration of music and creativity. This year Zendaya, a disney starlet/young Miley Cyrus if you will, wowed at the Grammy's with a pixie cut and the most stunning, sensual lip colour I've come across in a while – see her complete look here. To my surprise this lip was so easy to re-create that I may end up wearing it daily until Spring. Simply begin by filling in lips with a dark brown lipstick – here I've used the Bite Beauty Matte Créme Lip Crayon in Cognac. I swear I'll own every shade of this lip crayon by the end of the year – they apply beautifully, feel comfortable on the lips, and provide a pigmented, long-lasting lip colour with a matte finish. To add some dimension, making my lips appear fuller, I've added a touch of Benefit's Watt's Up to the center of the lip before applying a bit of my Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Amy with my finger. This golden nude lipgloss is packed with gold shimmer and adds a beautiful shine, completing the look. 

What look caught your eye this award season?


AM¥     XO

4 comments:

  1. OMG this color is so flattering I may have to go check it out, I'm new to the whole lip color. I'm more lip balm and if I'm feeling out there maybe lip gloss.



    http://ktmcgworld102.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning colour and looks great on you!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete