Saturday, February 14, 2015

VALENTINES LOOK . MAKE UP FOR EVER . GIVE IN TO ME KIT

My loathe for Valentine's Day stems back quite a few years. To be truthful I can't recall ever celebrating the hallmark holiday, despite having a boyfriend/man friend in my life for the past decade.  But my strong feelings against Valentines didn't stop me from creating a soft and romantic look for the day with the new Make Up For Ever x 50 Shades Of Grey Give In To Me Kit [*]($90). I did a complete review on the kit earlier this week, seen here, and even got to attend a pre-screening of the movie. It was a great night with a lot of ooh's and ahh's every time Jamie Dornan shed an article of clothing, but to be honest the movie itself had no plot and I probably wouldn't spend money to see it. However, I was inspired by Anastasia Steele's humble, 'girl next door' makeup seen in the movie and decided to create this ethereal look for Valentines using the Give In To Me Kit

After applying my typical base of makeup I began creating a neutral eye look with underlying pink and lavender tones. I swept the lightest shade, I-514, all over the lid to create a shimmering base then to add depth to the eye I worked small amounts of the taupe grey, S-556, and continued blending to create a shadow in the crease. I then took a shader brush with the metallic copper brown shade, ME-612, and packed this shadow onto the lid to add warmth. I finished the eyes with the Graphic Eyeliner along the upper lash line, followed by 3 coats of the Smoky Extravaganza Mascara. For the lips I simply layered the products in this kit: the Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N4 and the Lab Shine Lip Gloss in D14. I love how simple this lip is from afar but how dazzling it becomes up close thanks to the gold shimmer seen in the lip gloss. Definitely a look I will be re-creating in the future. 

THE KIT

What style are you wearing this Valentine's Day? Romantic or Sexy?


AM¥     XO

[*]The items in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a stunning look! I really love the look of this collection.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This whole collection is so stunning. Make Up For Ever did such an amazing job!

      Delete
  2. i was wafffling about the shadows b/c i didn't know they came out of the pan. damn it!! lol. i'm so obsessed with the artist shadows!

    jenn @abeautifulzen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have so many now that I want to buy one of the pro palettes to hold them all to make my collection more organized!

      Delete