Thursday, January 22, 2015

6 THINGS . HOW TO ACCENTUATE ¥OUR E¥ES

I've found myself lost in another's eyes more than once. It happens quite frequently to be honest. No matter the colour, there is something of interest residing inside them – a freckle, a sense of pain, or even a kindness. I've also found myself wondering what their view is like, if they see the same colours and shades, what they've endured and will continue to endure, how many tears have been shed... the list goes on. There is a magic within ones eyes that no other body part can reveal – a true sense of soul.

I've been blessed with an eye colour that even I cannot pin point – it lies somewhere between blue and green, with a dark outer ring enclosing the iris, and at times a bright yellow hue surrounding the pupil. They are without a doubt my favourite facial feature, and as such I like to accentuate them whenever possible. This is rather simple – frame them with perfected brows, add depth with matte brown shadows, and make them pop using liner and mascara. The tricks may be old, but the result is truly 'eye-catching'.


I begin by sculpting my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow in Medium Brown. This pomade is a must for any beauty junkie – it applies smoothly, creating a distinct and defined shape that doesn't budge all day. Two other products that everyone should own are the Urban Decay Primer Potion and Naked Basics Palette. The primer is necessary as it ensures my shadows apply with ease, appear vibrant and pigmented, and will not crease or fade throughout the day. I sweep a wash of W.O.S., from the Naked Basics Palette, all over my lid to even out my skin tone before adding depth to the crease using a mixture of Naked2 and Faint on a fluffy brush. I finish with a hint of Venus, the only shimmering shade in the palette, along the brow bone and the inner corner. I then further define my eyes with the Make Up For Ever Ink Liner[*] along the upper lash line, and smudge the Make Up For Ever AquaMatic in Satiny Warm Brown[*] along the lower lash line – this shade is great for you blue-eyed beauties. To complete the look I apply a fiber mascara, like the Too Face Better Than False Lashes Mascara, to add an excessive amount of length, instantly creating 'notice me lashes'. This look is one of my favourites because it can be worn on a daily basis without appearing to heavy for work, and can be transformed for a night out by simply adding a bold lip.

How do you accentuate your eyes?



AM¥     XO

[*]Some of the items in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

2 comments:

  1. Don't even get me started on how pretty your eyes are! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you! *insert mokey covering eyes emoji here*

      <3 xoxoxoxoxox

      Delete