Tuesday, November 18, 2014

TWO AND A HALF DECADES OF EXPERIENCES

Twenty Five. A Quarter of a Century. The moment you know – darling, we're not in Kansas anymore. There is a certain weighted feeling that comes with turning twenty five – it's the moment when you clearly understand that you are an adult, and from here on out every decision you make is truly your own. I can remember laying in my twin-sized bed in my first year of University with my roommate discussing all the things we aspired to achieve by the age of twenty-five. I look back on that day and laugh at the naivety that floated through my head – none of the things I envisioned happened and you know what, that makes me the happiest.

Now, I can look back on my twenty five years and feel truly proud that I have followed my heart (over my head) in each and every situation. I've loved and been loved, and understood that sometimes, although it can be terrifying, there is a need to gracefully let go of the things not meant for you. I've surrounded myself with people who build me up, who make me feel like I can conquer the world.. and most importantly – people who have shown me that happiness comes when you are at your truest form – free. 

And although I may not have it all together just yet, I'm getting pretty damn close.

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday beautiful! Lovely to see you last night, we have to do drinks with Dee in our work 'hood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would absolutely love that!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a beautiful party. You look lovely. The hair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from someone who always has amazing hair that is a HUGE compliment. Blushing!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on turning 25!! I hope it was wonderful! Your hair looked lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing in these photos! Happy birthday. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohoo for the 25 club! Also so proud of you, girl! Just keep doing you :)

    Ps, where is this dress from? I love! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have been such a lovely blogging buddy <3

      And the dress is from Zara hehehehe

      Delete
  6. I love your article.You can visit my website: spotify f

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you attempted this new app AdAway Apk : that is certainly exceptional.

    ReplyDelete